Re: [HACKERS] DEC OSF1 Compilation problems

From: "Thomas G(dot) Lockhart" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, scrappy(at)hub(dot)org
Cc: pjlobo(at)euitt(dot)upm(dot)es, dms(at)wplus(dot)net, pgsql-hackers(at)hub(dot)org, Michael(dot)Meskes(at)usa(dot)net
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] DEC OSF1 Compilation problems
Date: 1999-02-05 13:51:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> > To fix the cvs checkout problem, we might consider having a canned
> > routine which updates these time tags after a cvs checkout and
> > before the tar file is constructed...
> Is there some way to do this fixup in the makefile?

Well, maybe, but that would defeat the purpose of the makefile. Unless
we had a "make release-tarball" at the top level? That could have some
embedded file touches in it...

I like geek+'s suggestion to build with a commit rule in cvs, if it can
be done without having the whole tree set up and made. otoh this would
increase the maintenance effort a bit, since we would have to maintain
the rules.

- Tom