Re: A minor bug in doc. Hovering over heading shows # besides it.

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: David Rowley <dgrowleyml(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Muhammad Ikram <mmikram(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-docs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: A minor bug in doc. Hovering over heading shows # besides it.
Date: 2024-07-18 05:18:12
Lists: pgsql-docs

David Rowley <dgrowleyml(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> On Thu, 18 Jul 2024 at 16:55, Muhammad Ikram <mmikram(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>> when we hover over Table Basics, it shows # sign postfixed. I think it needs to be removed

> In [1], there was some talk about using another more suitable
> character. If the purpose of the '#' isn't obvious, then maybe we
> should use something else.

Yeah. I've found this new feature useful multiple times already,
but the '#' icon is as non-mnemonic and unobvious as could possibly
be. OTOH, I don't know of a standard icon for this feature.

I wonder if we could make a tooltip worded like "link to this header"
pop up when you hover over the '#'? That'd improve things a lot
even if we had a better icon.

A different idea is to dispense with the icon and make the section
title itself be a link to itself.