Re: using text search

From: Alfonso Afonso <aafonsoc(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Rafał Pietrak <rafal(at)zorro(dot)isa-geek(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: using text search
Date: 2013-04-22 18:36:20
Lists: pgsql-general

And using substring function? Do you have the same results?

I understand your arguments about normalization but, as you know, BNF is the best SQL Developer friend ;)

I used to avoid text fields and search/filter them (when it is possible), mainly because this consumption issues.... if the query has been on execution for more than 5 minutes, the virtual table that postgresql is preparing in memory should be huge.

Bye for now and good luck :)

El 22/04/2013, a las 18:12, Rafał Pietrak <rafal(at)zorro(dot)isa-geek(dot)com> escribió:

>> About your question, if you are searching a text inside another text you could obtain bizarre results and consume a lot of resources, but my approximation to your problem

Alfonso Afonso
(personal)