Re: scram-sha-256 authentication

From: Sébastien Hoorens <sebihoorens(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: scram-sha-256 authentication
Date: 2021-01-10 16:17:32
Lists: pgsql-docs

Hi Jonathan and Michael,

Thank you for the quick reply, I will ask my questions in community support areas from now on, my apologies.

Your answers were very helpful. I will use psql’s \password command to set the users’ passwords for me instead of trying to generate and set the encoded password myself. I tried out this solution with success.

Best regards,
Sébastien