Re: Report a potential memory leak in setup_config()

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Cc: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>, wliang(at)stu(dot)xidian(dot)edu(dot)cn, pgsql-bugs <pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Report a potential memory leak in setup_config()
Date: 2022-02-16 02:25:58
Lists: pgsql-bugs

> I was pondering initdb's design a bunch lately. So I started a -hackers thread:
> https://postgr.es/m/20220216021219.ygzrtb3hd5bn7olz%40alap3.anarazel.de

Yeah, I read that. I think making the backend read these files directly
makes a ton of sense, so I'm no longer very excited about improving the
performance or memory consumption of the replace_token stuff. I think
we should put this thread on hold until someone does that, and then
maybe take another look to see if initdb still leaks anything worth
worrying about.