Re: pg_repack vs. running logical/physical replication

From: Achilleas Mantzios <a(dot)mantzios(at)cloud(dot)gatewaynet(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_repack vs. running logical/physical replication
Date: 2024-01-29 19:27:05
Lists: pgsql-admin

Στις 29/1/24 16:56, ο/η Dirk Krautschick έγραψε:
> Hi,
>

> is there any good reason to cut of logical and/or physical replication
> for the time pg_repack (please no discussion about pg_repack at all,
> customer request, his idea, his strict wish) is running? I am not so
> deep into how pg_repack is running things but as the docs are saying
> it could affect hard at least the publications for logrep. Haven't
> tested it yet and just hopeing for a quick answer here :-)

Why should logical replication break?

Why would you want to fill your repl slots (if any) by suspending
physical replication while pg_repack runs?

I would advise reading about pg_repack and/or testing yourself to see
how it works.

--
Achilleas Mantzios
IT DEV - HEAD