Re: query performance issue

From: Gunther <raj(at)gusw(dot)net>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: query performance issue
Date: 2017-11-15 19:58:17
Lists: pgsql-performance

On 11/15/2017 8:12, Pavel Stehule wrote:
> There is wrong plan due wrong estimation
>
> for this query you should to penalize nested loop
>
> set enable_nestloop to off;
>
> before evaluation of this query

You are not the only one with this issue. May I suggest to look at this
thread a little earlier this month.

http://www.postgresql-archive.org/OLAP-reporting-queries-fall-into-nested-loops-over-seq-scans-or-other-horrible-planner-choices-tp5990160.html

where this has been discussed in some length.

regards,
-Gunther