Re: Postgres Pro build for windows

From: "Ivan E(dot) Panchenko" <i(dot)panchenko(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: pgsql-www(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgres Pro build for windows
Date: 2017-11-23 14:13:41
Lists: pgsql-www

23.11.2017 15:15, Dave Page пишет:
> Hi
>
> On Thu, Nov 23, 2017 at 12:03 PM, Ivan E. Panchenko
> <i(dot)panchenko(at)postgrespro(dot)ru <mailto:i(dot)panchenko(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>> wrote:
>
> Hi Magnus,
>
> Sorry for slow reply. Our patch for windows GUI installers page is
> attached.
>

> From looking at the Github page, it looks like you are applying a
> number of patches to PostgreSQL. Is that correct?
Mandatory patches are applied only to 9.2.14 and 9.4.9 versions.

9.2.14:  a postmaster shutdown when server is killed:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/27520.1444682101%40sss.pgh.pa.us
(a patch by Tom Lane, later committed in 9.2 branch)

9.4.9: increase isolation between shared memory segments of different
postmaster instances (really a strange thing, probably unnecessary)
Was not commited anywhere.

We can remove both, we do not want to bother the community with this.
Should we ?

Other patches are applied only when a special environment variable is
set, which is not done by default.