R: R: slow seqscan after vacuum analize

From: "Edoardo Ceccarelli" <eddy(at)axa(dot)it>
To: "'Christopher Browne'" <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>, <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: R: R: slow seqscan after vacuum analize
Date: 2004-02-05 17:00:52
Lists: pgsql-admin

> But if the Original Poster is encountering that the database
> is doing Seq Scans when it would be better to do an Index
> Scan, that is a separate problem, and focusing on the VACUUM
> may distract from the _real_ problem...
> --

I have only noticed that after a VACUUM ANALYZE of the db the time of a seq scan (when
a seqscan is required) has increased by a factor of ten, this is my primary focus,
otherwise I would have posted something about "my select is really slow ..."

To be more precise:
Given a query that HAS to be executed with a seqscan I have noticed an increase in
time comparing before and after the vacuum.

Anyway I am working to create the same situation again to post some output of the
verbose option of the vacuum.

Edoardo