VACUUM Quesition

From: "Stefan Sturm" <mailling(at)anrath(dot)info>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: VACUUM Quesition
Date: 2004-02-05 17:08:07
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello,

I have a question about vaccum. There are thre Version of vaccums:
1.) plain vacuum
2.) vacuum analyze
3.) full vacuum

Is it right that a vacuum analyze includes the plain vacuum and the full
vacuum includes the vacuum analyze? And which vacuum locks the tables?

And is there a strategy when to use which vacuum? I think I should do a full
vacuum every night and a vacuum analyze sometimes a day.

Is this OK?

Greetings,
Stefan Sturm