Re: doc: modify the comment in function libpqrcv_check_conninfo()

From: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)oss(dot)nttdata(dot)com>
To: ikedarintarof <ikedarintarof(at)oss(dot)nttdata(dot)com>
Cc: Jelte Fennema-Nio <postgres(at)jeltef(dot)nl>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: doc: modify the comment in function libpqrcv_check_conninfo()
Date: 2024-07-09 00:24:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2024/07/08 20:44, ikedarintarof wrote:
> I remove the unclear part from the previous patch and add some explanation for
>  later part of the function.

- * Validate connection info string, and determine whether it might cause
- * local filesystem access to be attempted.
+ * The function
+ * 1. validates connection info string and
+ * 2. checks a password is provided if must_use_password is true.

IMO, "Validate connection info string" is sufficient. The mention of
must_use_password is redundant since it's explained in the latter part of
the comment. Thought?

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao