Re: max time in a table query takes ages

From: Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz <gryzman(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Pavel Stehule" <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "Postgres General List" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: max time in a table query takes ages
Date: 2008-10-23 11:48:29
Lists: pgsql-general

if reindex will help (which I will run overnight, and will let you know
Tomorrow) - I find it quite worrying, cos it is 8.3, and I was hoping - with
HOT in place, and all these features - that reindexing of that table
wouldn't be needed. it is 'only' 375M rows now, but I can definetively feel
pain ppl with much bigger dbs/tables have, if they have to reindex once in a
while.

I also have to think about maybe partitioning that table by quarters, or
months even, but that's a subject for different set of questions - if I run
into any problems here.