csv vs json?

From: Rich Pixley <rich(dot)pixley(at)hayden(dot)ai>
To: pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: csv vs json?
Date: 2023-01-04 17:09:43
Lists: pgsql-admin

I'm downloading a table in csv using pgAdmin.  Some tables work just
fine.  Others have JSON fields in the table and these aren't.  What I
get instead is a string with multiple unquoted double quotes that are,
correctly I think, complained about by my csv reader.

Is there a way to get these quoted properly?  Am I doing something
stupid?  Is this a bug?