Re: psqlodbc - SysTAble Prefixes issue

From: Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka(at)iki(dot)fi>
To: brajmohan saxena <braj(dot)saxena(at)gmail(dot)com>, "Tsunakawa, Takayuki" <tsunakawa(dot)takay(at)jp(dot)fujitsu(dot)com>
Subject: Re: psqlodbc - SysTAble Prefixes issue
Date: 2016-12-05 13:28:17
Lists: pgsql-odbc

On 11/15/2016 10:21 AM, brajmohan saxena wrote:
> I feel this is introduces to consider some default *ExtraSysTablePrefixes *I
> am not sure in which case it will be used. As for as i understand there
> will be no User specific system table considered in Postgres prefixing with
> "dd_". So there is no point to keep this extra psqlODBC config parameter in
> future.

The driver itself certainly doesn't need it for anything. I can see it
being useful for forks or extensions, that introduce "system" tables,
with a different prefix. Takayuki-san mentioned EnterpriseDB, and I know
Greenplum has some tables with the gp_* prefix, for which this might be
useful. I don't think either of those actually uses this feature, but it
might come handy.

So, I removed the "dd_*" from the default, but left the option in place.
Thanks!

- Heikki