pgAdmin 4 Big Sur Bug

From: Jacob Crider <jpc214(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgAdmin 4 Big Sur Bug
Date: 2021-03-13 22:23:20
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi,

I am looking at the documentation for pgAdmin 4, and I am experiencing the known bug with Big Sur MacOS. Can you please walk me through this:

"pgAdmin 4 v4.x on macOS BigSur

There is a known issue of pgAdmin freezing on launch on macOS BigSur because of a bug in Qt 5.13 and 5.14 versions. Till this issue is fixed, the work-around for this is to set the variable QT_MAC_WANTS_LAYER."

Where/how do I set this variable? I am relatively new to programming so I would greatly appreciate some assistance!

Thank you.