Re: Make documentation builds reproducible

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter(at)eisentraut(dot)org>
Cc: vignesh C <vignesh21(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tristan Partin <tristan(at)neon(dot)tech>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Make documentation builds reproducible
Date: 2024-01-20 16:03:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Peter Eisentraut <peter(at)eisentraut(dot)org> writes:
> I think there was general agreement with what this patch is doing, but I
> guess it's too boring to actually review the patch in detail. Let's
> say, if there are no objections, I'll go ahead and commit it.

I re-read the thread and have two thoughts:

* We worried about whether this change would be compatible with a
(presently unreleased) version of docbook that contains the upstreamed
fix. It seems unlikely that there's a problem, but maybe worth
checking?

* I gather that the point here is to change some generated anchor
tags. Would any of these tags be things people would be likely
to have bookmarked?