Re: diff-/patch-functionality for text-type data insidePostgreSQL

From: "Markus Wollny" <Markus(dot)Wollny(at)computec(dot)de>
To: "Martijn van Oosterhout" <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: diff-/patch-functionality for text-type data insidePostgreSQL
Date: 2009-05-04 13:48:12
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi!

Thank you - I have considered using Algorithm::Diff before, as Text::Diff seems to be based on that and one could, as you describe, create even more granular deltas than just line by line comparisons. The latter would however be fully sufficient for my needs, but I think I'll give Algorithm::Diff a closer look now :)

Kind regards

Markus

Computec Media AG
Sitz der Gesellschaft und Registergericht: Fürth (HRB 8818)
Vorstandsmitglieder: Albrecht Hengstenberg (Vorsitzender) und Rainer Rosenbusch
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Jürg Marquard
Umsatzsteuer-Identifikationsnummer: DE 812 575 276