question about using pgmemcache

From: Juan Backson <juanbackson(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: question about using pgmemcache
Date: 2009-11-09 03:34:36
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I am planning to pgmemcache to act as a fast-accessible cache before my app
and postgres.

I have got it pgmemcache setup. The question I have is that if memcached
crashes, and I need to restart memcached, since memcached is not persistent,
do I need to run some scripts to auto-recreate all the key value data from
postgres?

What is the easiest way to do it? Is there anyway that I can write some
syncup function to let postgres to do the re-creation of data to memcached.

Thanks,
jb