Re: Degradation of performance when upgrade psqlodbc to 09.03.0400

From: Dang Minh Huong <kakalot49(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka(at)iki(dot)fi>, h-inoue(at)dream(dot)email(dot)ne(dot)jp
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Degradation of performance when upgrade psqlodbc to 09.03.0400
Date: 2016-02-08 13:54:56
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi,

> I have tested some version of psqlODBC between 09.00.0310 ~ 09.03.0400,
> and found that exactly version 09.03.0100 made the degradation of performance
> in executing my batch (it is not related to replication, i found that).
>
> I will try to find out which commit did it and how to avoid this issues.

I have confirmed commits in version 09.03.0100 and found that,
the below commit exactly caused the degration of perfomance.

http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=psqlodbc.git;a=commitdiff;h=9fd39495580ada6ff7d989d19fa9f83ed3b2c82e

MSDTC is not related to my application (i'm using unixODBC). So, the other
changes in above commit made performance down, but i am not clearly what
they are.
Could you confirm for me the above commit.

If it is not a bug, is there any changing of parameters to solve this issue?

Thanks and best regards.
bocap