Re: [HACKERS] Aggregate transition state merging vs. hypothetical set functions

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka(at)iki(dot)fi>, David Rowley <david(dot)rowley(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Aggregate transition state merging vs. hypothetical set functions
Date: 2018-05-21 14:22:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> writes:
> On 10/13/17 19:01, Tom Lane wrote:
> SMODIFY = SHARABLE ffunc does some one-time change like sorting,
> so state merging is OK but not window agg

> Is "sharable" the preferred spelling, as opposed to "shareable"?

Hmm ... I looked in two different dictionaries, and they both say
sharable is a variant of shareable. So while it's not wrong exactly,
I seem to have picked the less preferred spelling.

I could run around and change it, but I'd have to do so *right now*
I think --- once we release beta1 the costs of changing this would
go up.

Will do so if there's not objections in an hour or so.