[Pljava-dev] Pljava Build Failure Against PG 8.4

From: talha(dot)rizwan at enterprisedb(dot)com (Talha Rizwan)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] Pljava Build Failure Against PG 8.4
Date: 2008-12-02 08:55:13
Lists: pljava-dev

Hi,

Pljava-1.4.0 stops building after the following changes in PostgreSQL 8.4:

commit e53e76a8ebe64dbc8a64ec3dec5ba0

> 6f2e787f0b
> Author: Tom Lane <tgl at sss.pgh.pa.us>
> Date: Wed Nov 19 01:10:24 2008 +0000
>
> Some infrastructure changes for the upcoming auto-explain contrib
> module:
> * Refactor explain.c slightly to export a convenient-to-use
> subroutine
> for printing EXPLAIN results.
> * Provide hooks for plugins to get control at ExecutorStart and
> ExecutorEnd
> as well as ExecutorRun.
> * Add some minimal support for tracking the total runtime of
> ExecutorRun.
> This code won't actually do anything unless a plugin prods it to.
> * Change the API of the DefineCustomXXXVariable functions to allow
> nonzero
> "flags" to be specified for a custom GUC variable. While at it, also
> make
> the "bootstrap" default value for custom GUCs be explicitly specified as
> parameter to these functions. This is to eliminate confusion over where
> the
> default comes from, as has been expressed in the past by some users of
> the
> custom-variable facility.
> * Refactor GUC code a bit to ensure that a custom variable gets
> initialized something valid (like its default value) even if the
> placeholder value was
> invalid.

I've modified DefineCustomXXXVariable arguments by passing default values
for two new parameters i.e:

- *NULL* for *const char *bootValue*
- *0* for *int flags*

I've also added checks using *#ifdef* only for new arguments so that it
works on earlier version as well.

--
Regards
Talha Bin Rizwan