Re: table schema causes crash

From: <tom(at)minnesota(dot)com>
To: <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: table schema causes crash
Date: 2002-12-20 23:08:55
Lists: pgsql-general

> <tom(at)minnesota(dot)com> writes:
>> authtest=# \d imap_passwd
>> Table "imap_passwd"
>> Column | Type | Modifiers
>> ----------+------------------------+-----------
>> username | character varying(128) | Primary key: imap_passwd_pkey
>
>> *** NOTE: it only shows the first column and none of the other columns
>> ***
>
> What I find even more suspicious is that the "Primary key" footer shows
> up in the table data area. Looking at print_aligned_text, this seems to
[...]

\d on any table shows only the first column:

authtest=# \d country
Table "country"
Column | Type | Modifiers
------------+---------+-----------
country_id | integer | Primary key: country_pkey

authtest=# \d auth_address
Table "auth_address"
Column | Type | Modifiers
------------+---------+-----------
address_id | integer | Primary key: auth_address_pkey
Unique keys: auth_address_user_id_key
Triggers: RI_ConstraintTrigger_9306303,
RI_ConstraintTrigger_9306352,
RI_ConstraintTrigger_9306354

authtest=# \d auth_email
Table "auth_email"
Column | Type | Modifiers
----------+---------+-----------
email_id | integer | Primary key: auth_email_pkey
Unique keys: auth_email_em_idx,
auth_email_ev_idx,
auth_email_user_id_key
Triggers: RI_ConstraintTrigger_9324514

---

All of the above table came from the same db. However, when I connect to a
different database, things are normal again:

authtest=# \c transition
You are now connected to database transition.
transition=# \d t_blocks
Table "t_blocks"
Column | Type | Modifiers
--------------+--------------------------+-----------
rid | character varying(16) | atthasdef
display | character(1) | É
heading | character varying(48) |
content | text | ter(1)
url | character varying(96) |
type | smallint |
birthstamp | timestamp with time zone | pgsql
timestamp | timestamp with time zone | l
showmain | character(1) | Ë
hits | integer |
cache | integer |
pagecomments | character(1) |
orderid | smallint | zone
Primary key: t_blocks_pkey

---
But note the Modifiers column. There are some very odd values in there.

Could it be related to the fact that in 7.2 and earlier, didn't use the flag:

--enable-multibyte

I only started using --enable-multibyte in 7.2.3.