Re: annoying links

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Oleg Bartunov <obartunov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: annoying links
Date: 2019-04-07 15:16:52
Lists: pgsql-www

> On Sun, Apr 7, 2019 at 4:34 PM Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
>> A lot of the archives' links have been like that for a long time.
>> Some don't get the let's-obscure-this-email-address treatment,
>> but I have no idea what the difference is.

> That's interesting. Do you have an example of one that doesn't get broken?

Ones where @ has been converted to %40 seem to work fine,
as for example in

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20190331224233.GC891537%40rfd.leadboat.com

but I've also seen it work when that wasn't done, as for example
the second message-id link in

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/271bc1a7-2b59-e3f3-56b7-c8bc5456424a%402ndquadrant.com

So no, I don't know why some of the ones where the final component
does look like it could be an email address get the obscuring
treatment.