Re: PGStatement#setPrepareThreshold

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Dave Cramer <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>
Cc: Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>, Csaba Nagy <nagy(at)ecircle-ag(dot)com>, Postgres JDBC <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Subject: Re: PGStatement#setPrepareThreshold
Date: 2006-08-03 22:49:00
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Dave Cramer <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com> writes:
> Thanks for clarifying that Oliver, the logs are still misleading in
> that they don't name the statement used in the bind message.

Pretty much exactly my point. The distinction between statement name
and portal name is critical at the protocol level and has no real
counterpart at the SQL level (prepared statement name vs cursor name
is similar but I think not exactly the same namespaces). The logging
code is not getting this right.