Re: pg_restore -n sch1 : schema "sch1" does not exist

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: lin <jluwln(at)163(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_restore -n sch1 : schema "sch1" does not exist
Date: 2014-12-09 15:54:01
Lists: pgsql-general

lin <jluwln(at)163(dot)com> writes:
> I create a schema (sch1) in the database of db1, and I also create a table sch1.t1, then I use the comand "pg_dump -d db1 -Fd -f dir1" to back up the database of db1; at lase I drop the schema of sch1; I want to restore the schema sch1, but when I execute the command "pg_restore -d db1 -Fd dir1 -n sch1", get error, just like below.
> I just want to test the parameter of "-n" for pg_restore, how can do to use the pg_restore correctly?

Well, you could adopt an actually supported release:

> ; Dumped from database version: 9.3beta2
> ; Dumped by pg_dump version: 9.3beta2

I'm not just being snarky: the messages you're getting here remind me of a
bug we fixed some time ago. But even aside from this specific complaint,
the list of known data-loss bugs in 9.3beta should terrify you. Why in
the world are you still using it?