Re: Struggling with 13->14 and anyarray -> anycompatiblearray

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Wells Oliver <wells(dot)oliver(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Struggling with 13->14 and anyarray -> anycompatiblearray
Date: 2022-11-04 21:31:29
Lists: pgsql-admin

Wells Oliver <wells(dot)oliver(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> Thanks. This seems to return aggregates where array_append is used with
> anyarray, but I now see aggregates where e.g. array_cat is used with
> anyarray. Is there some way to generally query aggregates where any array
> function might be looking for anyarray and need to be dropped/re-created
> with anycompatiblearray?

Looking for aggtranstype = 'anyarray'::regtype would give you a hit list,
but beware that not every one of those was changed. Looking at HEAD,
I see

postgres=# select aggfnoid::regprocedure from pg_aggregate where aggtranstype = 'anyarray'::regtype;
aggfnoid
max(anyarray)
min(anyarray)
(2 rows)

so you'd want to exclude those. (I guess just skipping ones with oid <
9999 would be enough to skip built-ins.)