Re: 7.4 features list

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Matthew T(dot) O'Connor" <matthew(at)zeut(dot)net>
Cc: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 7.4 features list
Date: 2003-05-07 04:33:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers

"Matthew T. O'Connor" <matthew(at)zeut(dot)net> writes:
> I don't have any long term "low expectations" of the win32 port, just
> transient ones. That is, it is a fairly radical port, more so than
> moving between unix environments. ... To assume that
> we will nail all of this on the first pass is hubris.

Yup, exzackle. After a release or two we might think that the win32 port
is production ready (meaning as-reliable-as-you-think-the-platform-is).
It's not rational to think that the first release will be as stable on
win32 as our longtime Unix ports are --- and we'd be remiss if we don't
make that clear to users.