Re: Performance problem with timestamps in result sets

From: "Thomas Dudziak" <tomdzk(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Michael Paesold" <mpaesold(at)gmx(dot)at>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Performance problem with timestamps in result sets
Date: 2006-03-08 14:57:21
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On 3/8/06, Michael Paesold <mpaesold(at)gmx(dot)at> wrote:

> This should be 1 ms per getTimestamp call, shouldn't it? The time is the
> aggregate time for ~8000 calls. That is still rather slow, yeah, but it is
> so with profiling.

Yep, but as I said, the others are much faster. E.g. getString takes
140ms for 5460 calls, and getInt 570ms for 10920 calls, so its
probably not so much the profiler.
Also, I was merely asking whether there is something that could be
done to bring getTimestamp at least in the same region.

cheers,
Tom