Re: gist index build produces corrupt result on first access to table.

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Eric Davies <eric(at)barrodale(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: gist index build produces corrupt result on first access to table.
Date: 2004-03-04 06:28:59
Lists: pgsql-general

Eric Davies <eric(at)barrodale(dot)com> writes:
> We've looked at the contrib/cube code, but it's also a variable length
> parameter, and it uses a very different parameter passing mechanism.

Different how? I have a hard-to-pin-down intuition that your problem is
closely associated with this issue, but without details it's impossible
to say more. IIRC there were once assumptions in rtree and/or gist
about the indexable datatype being pass-by-ref and/or varlena, and I'm
not sure how much of that has been fixed.

This seems a bit far afield for pgsql-general, however. I would
suggest offering more details on -hackers. If you could post your code
for people to play with, you'd likely get answers pretty quickly.