Re: Correct syntex for implicit curor in for loops

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Jan Wieck <JanWieck(at)Yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, pgsql <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Correct syntex for implicit curor in for loops
Date: 2001-06-21 17:54:02
Lists: pgsql-sql

Jan Wieck <JanWieck(at)Yahoo(dot)com> writes:
>> Is there a tentative timeline for 7.2?

> With our last closeness of the real release date vs. the
> first estimations, and we don't even have a proposal up to
> now - well, maybe this or next year is the most precise I can
> tell you ;-}

The problem last time was we'd decided that 7.1 would have WAL,
and WAL took forever, and we weren't in a position to back off
and make a release without it.

This cycle we don't have any comparable huge must-do projects.
I'm inclined to plan a 7.2 release cycle for late summer and
release with whatever's done by then. Anything that's not ready
will just have to wait for the next bus.