pgAdmin4 - Connection Lost

From: Jack Royal-Gordon <jackrg(at)pobox(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgAdmin4 - Connection Lost
Date: 2016-10-28 19:40:36
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi Folks,

I often leave query windows open in pgAdmin4, even when I close my laptop and put it to sleep. It usually loses the connection to the server when this happens. If I then open the laptop and re-run the last query (or run any other query), it takes 30 seconds to a minute before the query aborts with the message “Connection to server lost!”. Anything you could do to either restore the connection automatically or give the message quicker would be appreciated (note that this is already an improvement over pgAdmin III, where if I respond “Yes” to the “Restore connection?” question, the entire program aborts.

Thanks,

Jack