Re: I will help with the booth also...

From: Robert Bernier <robert7390(at)comcast(dot)net>
To: Julie Bernhardt <Julie(at)telecomadvocates(dot)com>
Cc: seapug(at)postgresql(dot)org, lalbin(at)scharp(dot)org
Subject: Re: I will help with the booth also...
Date: 2013-02-12 14:29:54
Lists: seapug

Hi Julie,

I am cross posting my response to the seapug mail-list. I suggest you get yourself registered here too so we'll a better method of tracking our conversations.

see below for my additional comments.

Robert

On Monday, February 11, 2013 09:05:49 AM Julie Bernhardt wrote:
> My son is very good with PVC... sounds like a basic frame in front of the table?

Lloyd, didn't you have a conversation with Josh about banners at one time?

Hmm, I've got to start collecting equipment, not to mention those elephant pins, to put to the side.

> What do we want on the banner? What size for the banner and what colors? I did mention that I am coming ...to help as best I can.

Good question. The traditional stuff has been flyers etc using the postgres elephant image. There are graphics, icons etc on the postgresql site that you can have a look at.

> I also have a couple of folding chairs..

Now we're talking, that would be extremely useful. I should add that to my list of stuff I need to bring too.

> I have long orange power cords...

Yup, definitely good to have, just in case

> What size monitor are you looking for? I have ... small medium and large...

Well, I'm planning to bring my laptop but if I do get accepted for talks we'll need to have a couple of others. Got to figure out what it is we're putting on display too.

> I have a laptop that can be used (if we can get it configured correctly which I am sure you and Lloyd would have no issues with...)

Excellent. What's the OS? What do you have on it right now?

> I am going to go read the wiki but am more than happy to lend both a hand and what equipment I have.

Much appreciated :-)