Re: [Snowball-discuss] Snowball release cycle ?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
Cc: "Grant Ingersoll" <gsingers(at)apache(dot)org>, "Richard Boulton" <richard(at)lemurconsulting(dot)com>, snowball-discuss(at)lists(dot)tartarus(dot)org, "Pgsql Hackers" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [Snowball-discuss] Snowball release cycle ?
Date: 2009-04-01 22:08:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Where does GPL come into it? (I hadn't seen that mentioned before for
> either product.)

Keep in mind that you're seeing some fraction of the discussion on
snowball-discuss (whatever is from people also subscribed to
pgsql-hackers; everything else is stuck in the moderation queue).
I would imagine the GPL complaint is from someone who's using the
snowball code in a GPL project.

However, from a Postgres point of view, I'm not sure that we'd be
totally happy with ASL either. We'd certainly have to stop bundling
the snowball code in the Postgres distribution, as we do now. Or more
likely, freeze it at the last BSD-licensed release.