Re: New pg_lsn type doesn't have hash/btree opclasses

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>, Fabrízio Mello <fabriziomello(at)gmail(dot)com>, Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL mailing lists <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Craig Ringer <craig(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Subject: Re: New pg_lsn type doesn't have hash/btree opclasses
Date: 2014-05-10 21:52:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I don't even understand why it's questionable whether this should be
> fixed.

Sigh. We have some debate isomorphic to this one every year, it seems
like. The argument why it shouldn't be fixed now is: ITS. TOO. LATE.
Which part of that isn't clear to you?

Or, if you think that this feature is so important that we should slip
the beta schedule to get it in, we can take a vote on that. But at
this point any slip means no beta till after PGCon.