[Pljava-dev] static variables

From: peter(dot)henderson at starjar(dot)com (Peter Henderson)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] static variables
Date: 2007-03-13 07:44:28
Lists: pljava-dev

I can't see any reason why you can't use static variables.

Just make sure that the variable is thread safe, as multiple threads
will be accessing it concurrently.

From looking at your code. Imagine 2 threads call your setter function,
then call the test() function. One of the threads will be using the
incorrect String (I guess?). So in this case using static variables
would probably produce unexpected results!