Re: Doc: typo in config.sgml

From: Yugo Nagata <nagata(at)sraoss(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
Cc: Tatsuo Ishii <ishii(at)postgresql(dot)org>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Doc: typo in config.sgml
Date: 2024-09-30 10:34:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, 30 Sep 2024 11:59:48 +0200
Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se> wrote:

> > I was wrong. The particular byte sequences just looked an underscore
> > on my editor but the byte sequence is actually 0xc2a0, which must be a
> > "non breaking space" encoded in UTF-8. I guess someone mistakenly
> > insert a non breaking space while editing config.sgml.
>
> I wonder if it would be worth to add a check for this like we have to tabs?
> The attached adds a rule to "make -C doc/src/sgml check" for trapping nbsp
> (doing so made me realize we don't have an equivalent meson target).

Your patch couldn't detect 0xA0 in config.sgml in my machine, but it works
when I use `grep -P "[\xA0]"` instead of `grep -e "\xA0"`.

However, it also detects the following line in charset.sgml.
(https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/collation.html)

For example, locale und-u-kb sorts 'àe' before 'aé'.

This is not non-breaking space, so should not be detected as an error.

Regards,
Yugo Nagata

--
Yugo Nagata <nagata(at)sraoss(dot)co(dot)jp>