Re: MultiXact\SLRU buffers configuration

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Cc: "Andrey M(dot) Borodin" <x4mmm(at)yandex-team(dot)ru>, vignesh C <vignesh21(at)gmail(dot)com>, Andrew Borodin <amborodin86(at)gmail(dot)com>, i(dot)lazarev(at)postgrespro(dot)ru, Yura Sokolov <y(dot)sokolov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>, Gilles Darold <gilles(at)darold(dot)net>, Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov(at)gmail(dot)com>, Anastasia Lubennikova <a(dot)lubennikova(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>, Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers mailing list <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: MultiXact\SLRU buffers configuration
Date: 2024-08-21 00:13:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2024-Aug-21, Michael Paquier wrote:

> I see that you've gone the way with the SQL function doing a load().
> Would it be worth switching the test to rely on the two macros for
> load and caching instead? I've mentioned that previously but never
> got down to present a patch for the sake of this test.

Hmm, I have no opinion on which way is best. You probably have a better
sense of what's better for the injections point interface, so I'm happy
to defer to you on this.

> + /* reset in case this is a restart within the postmaster */
> + inj_state = NULL;

I'm not sure that this assignment actually accomplishes anything ...

I don't understand what do the inj_stats_enabled stuff have to do with
this patch. I suspect it's a git operation error, ie., you seem to have
squashed two different things together.

--
Álvaro Herrera 48°01'N 7°57'E — https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/
"Industry suffers from the managerial dogma that for the sake of stability