Re: Clearly link Contributors pages

From: Tatsuo Ishii <ishii(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: er(at)xs4all(dot)nl
Cc: melanieplageman(at)gmail(dot)com, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org, contributors(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Clearly link Contributors pages
Date: 2024-08-10 12:14:29
Lists: pgsql-www

> Op 8/10/24 om 00:50 schreef Melanie Plageman:
>> Hi,
>> Attached is a patch to clearly link the three different pages related
>> to recognized Postgres contributors: the Contributors list [1], the
>> Recognized Contributors Policy page [2], and the Contributors
>> Committee governance page [3].
>
> Hi,
>
> Wouldn't it make sense to also link this list:
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/release-16.html#RELEASE-16-ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS

I am not sure the fact that his/her name mentioned only once in the
release notes qualifies the contributor definition.

https://www.postgresql.org/about/policies/contributors/
> Major Contributors individuals that have provided a sustained stream
> of contributions, having substantial positive impact on the
> development of the PostgreSQL Community, over many years.
>
> Contributors individuals that have provided a sustained stream of
> notable contributions in recent years.

I think these suggest that contributions need to be continued for
multiple years, not single year. I maybe wrong but that's my
impression.

Best reagards,
--
Tatsuo Ishii