Re: Never asked to set Master Password

From: "Karl O(dot) Pinc" <kop(at)karlpinc(dot)com>
To: Tim Quinn <timquinnsm(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Never asked to set Master Password
Date: 2023-10-24 18:08:18
Lists: pgadmin-support

On Mon, 23 Oct 2023 18:47:00 -0700
Tim Quinn <timquinnsm(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> I am trying to open PostgreSQL in pgAdmin4 but it never asked me to
> set a master password when opening. When I try to open the Server
> "PostgreSQL 14" it asks for my password. The password I set up while
> installing PostgreSQL 14, does not work.

PgAdmin4 requires you login to _it_, before you can use your
PostgreSQL credentials to connect to a database.

If you have gotten to the point where you can choose a DB server
you have logged into pgAdmin4. You need (IIRC) to tell pgAdmin4
what your PG username is (if not also your PG password) -- the
PG username that goes with the DB server. IIRC, you get to this
by way of clicking on your email address (your pgAdmin4 login name)
in the upper right hand corner.

Regards,

Karl <kop(at)karlpinc(dot)com>
Free Software: "You don't pay back, you pay forward."
-- Robert A. Heinlein