Re: Use the enum value CRS_EXPORT_SNAPSHOT instead of "0"

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: Masahiko Sawada <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "Wei Wang (Fujitsu)" <wangw(dot)fnst(at)fujitsu(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Use the enum value CRS_EXPORT_SNAPSHOT instead of "0"
Date: 2023-06-16 09:47:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2023-Jun-16, Masahiko Sawada wrote:

> The walreceiver process doesn't use CRS_EXPORT_SNAPSHOT actually,
> right? I think replacing it with CRS_EXPORT_SNAPSHOT would rather
> confuse me

libpqwalreceiver.c does use it. But I agree -- I think it would be
better to not use the enum in walreceiver at all. IIRC if we stopped
use of that enum in {libpq}walreceiver, then we wouldn't need
walsender.h inclusion by walreceiver files.

However, changing it means a change of the walrcv_create_slot API, so
it's not all that trivial. But we could have a walreceiver-side enum
instead (with the same values). I think this would be worth doing,
because it'll all end up cleaner.

--
Álvaro Herrera PostgreSQL Developer — https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/