Re: Strange results when casting string to double

From: "Peter J(dot) Holzer" <hjp-pgsql(at)hjp(dot)at>
To: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Strange results when casting string to double
Date: 2022-02-17 09:27:39
Lists: pgsql-general

On 2022-02-16 22:02:02 +0100, Carsten Klein wrote:
> On of the virtualized servers was created as a clone of the other one (using
> VMware to clone the VM). So, basically, these are very equal. Of course,
> they diverged over time.
>
> Focusing on PostgreSQL, here are the differences of postgresql.conf,
> comparing testing system and production system:

I don't think these explain the difference. I'd check whether the
postgresql binaries and all the the shared libraries are the same.

Or - since this only happens on the test system and not on the production
system - I'd just clone the production system again to create a new test
system and see if the problem happens there, too.

hp

--
_ | Peter J. Holzer | Story must make more sense than reality.
|_|_) | |
__/ | http://www.hjp.at/ | challenge!"