Re: Strange results when casting string to double

From: Carsten Klein <c(dot)klein(at)datagis(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Strange results when casting string to double
Date: 2022-02-17 11:13:56
Lists: pgsql-general

AOn Thu, Feb 17, 2022 at 10:27 AM Peter J. Holzer wrote

> I don't think these explain the difference. I'd check whether the
> postgresql binaries and all the the shared libraries are the same.
>
> Or - since this only happens on the test system and not on the production
> system - I'd just clone the production system again to create a new test
> system and see if the problem happens there, too.

File postgresql and it's loaded libraries are identical. Same set of
libraries loaded on all servers; all loaded library have identical MD5 sums.

It's the customer's VMware, so I can't just make another clone. However,
I'm quite sure that it will work on a newly cloned testing system (since
on production system everything is OK).

Carsten