Vulnerability Report (DMARC RECORD)

From: arslan(dot)whitehat(at)inbox(dot)eu
To: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Vulnerability Report (DMARC RECORD)
Date: 2021-04-16 02:57:30
Lists: pgsql-www

Hello Team,
I am a security researcher and I founded this vulnerability in your website.
I just sent a forged email to my email address that appears to originate from pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org(dot) I was able to do this because of the following DMARC record:

DMARC record lookup and validation for: postgresql.org
" DMARC Quarantine/Reject policy not enabled "

How To Reproduce(POC-ATTACHED IMAGE):-
1.Go To- mxtoolbox.com/DMARC.aspx
2.Enter the Website.CLICK GO.
3.You Will See the fault(DMARC Quarantine/Reject policy not enabled)

Fix:
1)Publish DMARC Record.
2)Enable DMARC Quarantine/Reject policy

For more information you can use this blog
(https://sendgrid.com/blog/what-is-dmarc/)

<?php
$to = "VICTIM(at)example(dot)com";
$subject = "Password Change";
$txt = "Change your password by visiting here - [VIRUS LINK HERE]l";
$headers = "From:pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org";
mail($to,$subject,$txt,$headers);

?>

Reference : https://www.knownhost.com/wiki/email/troubleshooting/setting-up_spf-dkim-dmarc_records

Let me know if you need me to send another forged email, or if have any other questions.

Hoping for the bounty for my ethical Disclosure.
Kind Regards
Security Researcher

Attachment Content-Type Size
postgresql DMARC RECORD.png application/octet-stream 44.9 KB
postgresql FORGED EMAIL.png application/octet-stream 50.6 KB