how to switch off: WARNING: psql major version 11, server major version 13

From: Matthias Apitz <guru(at)unixarea(dot)de>
To: PostgreSQL General <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: how to switch off: WARNING: psql major version 11, server major version 13
Date: 2020-09-28 10:06:25
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

Maybe it's a FAQ, but I haven't seen the answer. I want to switch of the
warning (because I know the fact of version not matching):

$ psql -Usisis -dsisis
SET
psql (11.4, server 13.0)
WARNING: psql major version 11, server major version 13.
Some psql features might not work.
Type "help" for help.

sisis=#

I tried to do it with the ~/.psqlrc file:

$ cat ~/.psqlrc
SET client_min_messages = 'error'

The command gets executed (as the 'SET' shows), but does not silent the
warning.

Thanks

matthias

--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru(at)unixarea(dot)de, http://www.unixarea.de/ +49-176-38902045
Без книги нет знания, без знания нет коммунизма (Влaдимир Ильич Ленин)