Re: TLS docs fixes for <programlisting>

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: TLS docs fixes for <programlisting>
Date: 2020-05-14 02:17:13
Lists: pgsql-docs

On Wed, May 13, 2020 at 11:07:44PM +0200, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
> While working with TLS I noticed that the password callback definition had an
> extra newline in the programlisting in the docs. Since the <programlisting>
> has been indented with the textblock, the newline comes from whitespace being
> significant. The attached 0001 fixes by instead anchoring <programlisting> on
> column zero like how most of the docs do it. Grepping around I found one more
> instance of the same pattern which is also included.

Indeed, I can see the difference. In what I spotted after applying
0001, you are patching the one in libpq.sgml as of 0002 but in a
different, correct, way, and I have spotted three more inconsistencies
within doc/src/sgml/datatype.sgml in the zone for timestamps.

> The "Enter PEM pass phrase" prompt was referred to in one place with <literal>
> and one with <programlisting>, the 0002 settles on using <literal> for both
> since IMO that makes the docs more readable. While there, it also fixes the
> spelling of "pass phrase" from the two variations we had (of which none was the
> correct one from src/backend/libpq/be-secure-openssl.c as well as the OpenSSL
> file crypto/pem/pem_lib.c).

Yeah, good catch. Let's fix that.

With everything I found on top of your stuff, I finish with the
attached. Does it look fine to you?
--
Michael

Attachment Content-Type Size
doc-fixes-daniel-v2.patch text/x-diff 4.1 KB