April 2020 Meetup Online: Multiranges and SQL:2011 Temporal Features

From: Mark Wong <mark(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: pdxpug(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: April 2020 Meetup Online: Multiranges and SQL:2011 Temporal Features
Date: 2020-04-15 15:44:07
Lists: pdxpug

2020 April 23 Meeting 6:30pm-8:30pm

Location:

We are using Meetup.com to distribute the link to the online meeting
[1], which will be set shortly before the meeting as we will be using
Jitsi [2]. Meetup does require you to RSVP to get access to the link.
Jitsi can be used directly with Firefox and Chrome (with extension), or
phones/tablets with the Jitsi Meet app.

Speaker: Paul Jungwirth

I'd like to present a couple patches I have in-progress for Postgres,
the first to add a new type called "multiranges", and the second to add
various SQL:2011 temporal database features: temporal primary & foreign
keys, and temporal UPDATE and DELETE. I'll discuss what these features
look like to users and also highlight some of the implementation details
behind them.

[1] https://www.meetup.com/pdxpug/events/270062132/
[2] https://jitsi.org

--
Mark Wong
2ndQuadrant - PostgreSQL Solutions for the Enterprise