[Fwd: Pand-Aid help - PostgresSQL help for Covid-19 project]

From: Mark Wong <markwkm(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pdxpug(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: [Fwd: Pand-Aid help - PostgresSQL help for Covid-19 project]
Date: 2020-03-18 00:30:09
Lists: pdxpug

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Brianna Harris <bkharris77(at)gmail(dot)com>
Date: Tue, Mar 17, 2020 at 3:20 PM
To: Sheri Dover <sheri(at)pdxcodeguild(dot)com>

Hello Sheri, if you can forward on the message below to the PostgresSQL
folks, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you!

Brianna

————-

Hello beautiful people. I have an announcement in regards to covid-19 in
our community. I am currently working with a group of Non-profit
organizations and Arielle (the head of the Covid-19 response team at OHSU)
to develop a simple tool to aid in mitigating the spread of covid-19 among
our most vulnerable populations.

It is in the design phase right now, so input is extremely important as
this is the easiest time in its life-cycle to adjust its functionality.

Currently what the tool is being designed to do is this:

1) It aggregates the supply needs of immunocompromised and elderly
individuals and places them in a secure central database.

2) It allows for NPOs, medical facilities, and government bodies to filter
and "checkout" groups of individuals based on things like need and
location.

3) Once a need is met, that need is checked off, a confirmation email sent
to the at risk individual (just in case they were mistakenly removed) and
that particular need is removed from any and all instances in the database.

In addition to the above the web-app will provide guidelines supported by
our best professionals on how to train volunteers in pick up and delivery
of items in order to reduce risk of accidental exposure as much as
possible.

On the client side there will be information on steps individuals can take
to maintain their own safety as well as emergency phone numbers and other
pertinent information.

This tool is meant to allow multiple organizations to spread the workload
of responding to our vulnerable populations in an organized fashion and
avoid duplication of work. In addition it aims to maintain health safety
standards that may be difficult to train for in a purely volunteer "sign up
sheet" type format (for example, people in need post their need and
volunteers deliver).

In future releases we hope to also offer self reporting of illness to help
gather data on the possible spread of Covid-19 beyond what is currently
available with tests alone.

To read more about it please go over to the README.md file on our github
page here:

https://github.com/NinjaBee/Pand-Aid/blob/master/README.md

I need two things from you.

1. I need feedback. This app is going to have a fast turnaround, so this is
our chance to get the groundwork laid out correctly for future more complex
versions even if the first version is very simple. Getting the data
structure right from the get-go is invaluable.

2. I need help. I am not an expert in databases or designing them. Even if
you are not an expert, there is a good chance that you know more than me.
Please consider joining our hack-a-thon or submitting commits on github.

To join our team, leave feedback, or even just keep up with current
developments you can join our slack here:

https://join.slack.com/t/pand-aid/shared_invite/zt-crh7rsu8-Qbs3c44qRGHkaPtJH74PEA

You can also send me a private message.

Thank you so much for both reading this far and for your help! I look
forward to sharing our progress with you as we go.

Stay healthy and safe out there!

Brianna
--
Brianna Harris