Re: Translation In Hindi

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Anas Sayyed <anassayyed13399(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-translators(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Translation In Hindi
Date: 2019-06-23 15:56:02
Lists: pgsql-translators

Hello,

On 2019-Jun-23, Anas Sayyed wrote:

> Along with a few friends I want to start translation in Hindi. We did not
> find any existing .PO files for Hindi language in PostgreSQL source code.
> Is any one working on any translation to Hindi language? If yes let us
> collaborate.

Sounds great. You can submit your files to this list. Nobody has as
yet offered to do that translation.

> I am new to PostgreSQL and new to translations in general. We are
> referring to to this document
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/nls-translator.html for translations.

Please see this site https://babel.postgresql.org which contains the
.pot files and a link to the wiki page with more instructions, along the
status tables. I recommend you work the files from branch "master", not
"11" as the site says, since by the time you have enough files done,
"master" will be in the process of being released.

Looking forward to having one more active translation,