Re: Install github app to automatically close PRs on github mirror

From: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
To: Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Install github app to automatically close PRs on github mirror
Date: 2019-04-18 16:27:57
Lists: pgsql-www

Hi,

On 2019-04-18 16:44:29 +1000, Justin Clift wrote:
> On 2019-04-18 08:55, Andres Freund wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I think the postgres github mirror should install an application that
> > automatically closes PRs. As there's no better way :(
> >
> > I found https://github.com/dessant/repo-lockdown/ , which seems
> > suitable. Only requires read/write permissions for issues/PRs, and
> > permission to read .github/lockdown.yml. It can be configured in a
> > separate .github repository.
> >
> > As an example, here's the config:
> > https://github.com/anarazel/.github/blob/master/.github/lockdown.yml
> > and an example PR
> > https://github.com/anarazel/postgres/pull/1
>
> Hmmm, PRs to your lockdown repo are being auto-rejected as well.
>
> https://github.com/anarazel/.github/pull/1
>
> Accidental? ;)

I installed the app into both repositories - because I wasn't sure
whether it needed the file-path access permission to the
.github/lockdown.yml even if the .github repo is public. And I was too
lazy to experiment ;)

But it seems to work even without that as long as .github is
public. I've merged your PR now :P

Greetings,

Andres Freund