Re: Fixes for missing schema qualifications

From: Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com>
To: Tatsuo Ishii <ishii(at)sraoss(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com, michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Fixes for missing schema qualifications
Date: 2018-03-14 09:02:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Mar 14, 2018 at 09:26:15AM +0900, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
> > select [...] where nspname operator(pg_catalog.=) '%s'​

> Next question is, should we update the manual? There are bunch of
> places where example queries are shown without schema qualifications.

I gave https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/extend-extensions.html
such an update, because extensions should assume little about the database
they occupy. Perhaps a few other pages deserve that, but not the whole
manual. Ordinary SQL targets a particular database and can know the set of
available operators.